Saturday, October 08, 2005

I can read!

Extra - Extra - Read all about it!

I can read!

The Book Club BAMF's aka Nerd Herd have picked their first book...Life of Pi. I started reading last night, I have not read a real book since High School. Yes, I do know how to read and the past few years I have been preoccupied with reading text books for school. I was really excited to start reading after I put Donovan to bed, but that wasn't the way he wanted it to go. Donovan wouldn't sleep unless he was on my chest (you would know that if you read my previous post) and I was really really wanting to start reading (I knew if I didn't start last night, that I wouldn't read at all, and then I would have to buy Cliff Notes(spelling) and that would just be embarrasing. So I let Donovan sleep on me in the bed, and I made due with a flashlight. It was quite fun juggling a sleeping child, flashlight and book. I am something special because I read 30 pages last night and it only took me like a little while. I wanted to read more, but I just couldn't hold the flashlight in that weird catatonic position any longer. I will keep you updated on my progress!

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

I am very proud of you. It doesn't even have any pictures in it. I would like to comment to the fellow memebers of the herd that no one told me it was 400 pages! I barely have the attentino span to finish saying one of my own sentences, let alone read someone elses 400 pages worth of thoughts. We'll just have to see ladies.

Jeanette said...

I got my book yesterday, and I started to read it. I read the author's introduction at the beginning and then realized that I wasn't actually reading part of the book, so I guess that I'm really officially starting the book tonight.