Friday, March 24, 2006

Is It Wrong To Just Want Lettuce?

I was at the grocery store the other day looking at the plethora of bagged lettuce. The selection was a little overwhelming and I didn't know if I wanted Caesar, Mediterranean, Spinach, Iceberg, Classic, Italian, Romaine or one of the seventy other choices. I was getting a little pissed because I wanted just lettuce. As Don approached me, he asked, "what's wrong?" I replied, "God, I want a bag of JUST LETTUCE!" Right then, I looked down at the bottom row and saw a nice green bag that made me feel a little bit like I was in heaven...it said, "Just Lettuce." What are the chances that my prayers were answered at that exact moment! I hadn't even been nice about the prayer...it was more of a demand really, but whatever, it worked. I think I might keep trying this asking God for stuff stunt..."God, I really want a new car!" Well, I gave it a minute and nothing has happended, so I am assuming the I used up the one wish like prayer on JUST LETTUCE! FUCK!

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

Smooth move dude. You know you should save stuff like that. You never though, maybe something else will come (like a movie poking out of a mailbox from God).