Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Got Luck?


Ald. Burton Natarus, 42nd Ward, gives Ald. Todd Stroger, 8th Ward, a collegial pat on the head during the debate in the Chicago City Council over the proposed “Big Box ordinance” that would raise wages and benefits for employees of giant retailers like Wal-Mart and Target. The council passed the ordinance, but it was later vetoed by Mayor Daley. (Tribune photo by José M. Osorio) July 26, 2006
"A collegial pat on the head" or a gesture stating, "You're one lucky idiot! How you got voted into office, amazes me every single waking moment!" Stroger's smirk says, "Damn, son! I am an idiot...um, I meanz, I am lucky!"

4 comments:

Memo's Mind said...

I am not one to pick up on subtle nuances normally. However, call me a mind reader cause I get the feeling you don't care for this guy!

Jenny! said...

Hate is a better choice of words!

Thomas said...

I wonder who is calling who "Massa."

Jeanette said...

What's an alderman do? Wow, I think I need to read a little. I've been feeling quite uneducated lately reading your blog.